UpdraftPlus simplifies backups and restoration. It is the world’s highest-ranking and most popular scheduled backup plugin, with over two million currently-active installs. Backup your files and database backups into the cloud and restore with a single click!
Backup into the cloud directly to Dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3 (or compatible), UpdraftVault, Rackspace Cloud, FTP, DreamObjects, Openstack Swift, and email. The paid version also backs up to Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Storage, Backblaze B2, SFTP, SCP, and WebDAV.
Your WordPress backups are worth the entire investment you’ve made in your website. The day may come when you get hacked, when something goes wrong with an update, your server crashes or your hosting company goes bust – without good backups, you lose everything. Would you entrust all your hard work to a backup plugin with only a few thousand downloads, mixed reviews or no professional support?
Believe us: writing a reliable backup plugin that works consistently across the huge range of WordPress deployments is hard.
UpdraftPlus works. We’ll keep your backups safe.
WHY YOU SHOULD BACKUP YOUR WEBSITE.
WordPress like any CMS can be vulnerable to things such as server crashes, hacking, security flaws, bad plugin or theme updates and insecure web hosts. If anything happened to your website, it would cost you dearly in time, money and reputation.
Whilst other security measures are essential, backups are the ultimate insurance: they mean that, if the worst were to happen, your website (plus all related files and databases) stay safe, and can be restored in no time.
You could always create your own manual backups- but using backup plugin is infinitely quicker, simpler and safer. Life’s busy enough! With UpdraftPlus, you can simply “set and forget”, scheduling in automatic backups to save you time, work and hassle.
HOW UPDRAFTPLUS COMPARES WITH OTHER BACKUP PLUGINS:
UpdraftPlus is the most highly-rated and popular plugin out there – and for good reason. Not only is it comprehensive in terms of its features, but it’s aso easy and intuitive to use. And because it has such a vast user base, it’s tried and tested in a whole range of different situations and scenarios.
Unlike many other plugins, UpdraftPlus:
- Restores, as well as backing up
- Backs up to more cloud options than any others
- Allows you to set up automatic backup schedules, for the ultimate inconvenience
- Is faster, using up fewer server resources
- Has been tested on over 1 million sites
On our website, we’ve got a whole page dedicated to how our Premium version compares with the competition here
The free version of UpdraftPlus works just fine, but if you need more features and options you can purchase our Premium version. Here are some of the many features of UpdraftPlus Premium:
- Incremental backups
- Easily duplicates or migrates websites (with Migrator)
- Multisite/multi-network compatible
- Backs up non-WP files and databases to multiple remote destinations
- More storage destinations (e.g. OneDrive, BackBlaze, Azure, SFTP) and multiple destinations
- Database encryption
- Advanced reporting
- Supports WP-CLI
- Free dedicated expert support
MANAGING MULTIPLE WEBSITE BACKUPS
We’ve also developed a brilliant new plugin that allows you to backup, update and manage all of your websites remotely from one central location. It’s called UpdraftCentral, and it comes in 2 different forms:
- UpdraftCentral (free, self-hosted)
- UpdraftCentral Premium (fully-hosted and “ready-to-go”, cloud version also available)
INSTANTLY CREATE A TEMPORARY CLONE OF YOUR SITE (UPDRAFTCLONE)
A temporary clone is an instant copy of this website, running on our servers. You don’t need to test or develop on your live site; instead, you can UpdraftClone it, and throw away your clone when done. Learn more about UpdraftClone here.
- Easy: Press the buttons… UpdraftClone does the work.
- Reliable: Runs on capacity from a leading cloud computing provider.
- Secure: One VPS (Virtual Private Server) per clone, shared with nobody.
- Fast: Takes just the time needed to create a backup and send it.
- Flexible: If you want, test upgrading to a different PHP or WP version.
UpdraftPlus Premium WordPress Plugin Features
- Highest-rating backup and restore plugin at wordpress.org
- Designed to run everywhere that WordPress runs
- Multi-site (i.e. WPMU/WordPress Network) compatible.
- Proven to backup sites of 100GB; file size only limited by Web host.
- Backs up limitless non-WordPress files and external databases.
- Supports both manual and automated (scheduled) backups
- Backs up files and databases on separate schedules
- Reports time of next scheduled backup
- Routinely prunes the number of old backups kept
- Automatically backs up when plugins or dashboard themes update and before WordPress core updates run
- Central place to store, manage and disconnect backups
- 1 gigabyte of free storage included, with the option of purchasing more as and when required
- Supports cloud backup to Amazon S3
- Supports cloud backup to any Amazon S3 compatible provider, with the same feature set
- Supports cloud backup to Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Supports cloud backup to Dropbox.
- Supports cloud backup to Google Drive. Supports chunked, resumable uploads (i.e. interrupted jobs can be resumed where they left off).
- Supports cloud backup to Microsoft OneDrive.
- Supports cloud backup to Google Cloud Storage..
- Supports cloud backup to Microsoft Azure Blob Storage.
- Supports cloud backup to Rackspace Cloud Files.
- Supports cloud backup to OpenStack Swift object storage.
- Supports cloud backup to FTP servers.
- Supports cloud backup to SFTP servers.
- Supports cloud backup to WebDAV servers, including encrypted servers.
- Supports backup by email.
- Supports backup to multiple destinations (e.g. Amazon and Dropbox and FTP) in a single backup.
- Database backups can be encrypted for security
- Encrypted transport to cloud storage
- All backup operations are thoroughly logged.
- Display status of backups in progress in the WordPress admin panel, along with any errors or warnings.
- Reports when the backup completes, including file checksums for verification of backup integrity.
- “Debug/expert” gives further insight into the backup process: option to view a different set of SSL certificates, to turn SSL certificate verification, and to turn off SSL entirely.
- All log messages can be sent to Syslog (Linux/UNIX) / Event Log (Windows).
- Conveniently backs up each WordPress entity (database, plugins, themes, uploaded content and “other” content) in a separate file, all from WordPress control panel.
- Further files, WordPress core or any arbitrary directory from the server can be backed up via add-on.
- Databases can be decrypted within the WordPress control panel via drag-and-drop.
- Backups made elsewhere can be imported via drag-and-drop (unlimited size upload) or FTP.
- Search and replace migrates site database upon import.
- Restores backed-up entities from the console with one-click access.
- Imports and restores from backups made by other backup plugins.
- Compatible with WordPress Network / Multisite installs.
- Backup/restore control panel is placed in the network dashboard.
- Restore individual sites within the network (without having to restore all sites).
- Import (where possible) single-site installs into the network.